Tuscany Women's Adventure
Exploring and experiencing Italy with a like-minded group of women, who have a spirit of adventure, just like you. From hands-on cooking lessons to scenic walks to visits with locals, get ready for an in-depth cultural experience that includes excursions to medieval hill towns, tours of spectacular historic sites, artisan demonstrations, private food and wine tastings and so much more.
OUR WOMEN’S TRIPS are Legendary
Because we’ve been conducting them for years, so we’ve learned just the right balance of exploring, learning, cooking, experiencing and shopping that makes a women’s trip truly extraordinary. From super-fun cooking lessons and wine tastings to artisan shops and a luxurious, thermal spa, each experience is hand-selected and truly something special.
GET READY to Experience Real Italy
We’ve created this trip to be rich in experiences that are not only authentic, but also ideal for women who enjoy travel, fun activities, in-depth experiences, good food & wine and fellowship with like-minded travelers.
Each day, on this fabulously active itinerary, you can also expect to walk. Our walks range from easy/leisure to moderate, and you’ll encounter hard cobblestones, uneven pavement, steps and steep hills. We do caution that this trip is not the right fit for those who have difficulty walking or have a health-related condition that would limit participation and/or impede or inconvenience the rest of the group.
DAY 1 ~ SUNDAY: Arrival Poggio alle Trese
- Highlights: arrival and welcome
Benvenuti in Italia! Upon arrival at Rome Fiumicino Airport, sit back and relax as you are transported by private van service to the Italian countryside and Poggio alle Trese, your charming and historic accommodations for the next week. After check-in, you’ll have the opportunity to explore your surroundings and learn some of the fascinating history of the both the structure and the area from your hosts. This evening you’ll enjoy a classic Italian aperitivo with your fellow travelers, followed by a special welcome dinner prepared by our own chef Lorenza.
DAY 2 ~ MONDAY: Bagno Vignoni, Pienza
- Highlights: Guided tour in Bagno Vignoni, shopping and guided walk in Pienza, bruschetta lesson
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast this morning, it’s off to the gorgeous Val d’Orcia – one of Tuscany’s most photographed areas – and the picturesque village of Bagno Vignoni, perched on a scenic bluff teeming with thermal springs. Here you’ll enjoy a fascinating walking tour with our friend, Giulia, an exceptional local guide who knows this part of Tuscany inside and out, before continuing to the Renaissance hill town of Pienza. Giulia will get you acquainted with this gem of a town, and then you’ll have time on your own to explore the alleyways and artisan shops before gathering together for lunch at one of our favorite trattorie.
In the afternoon it’s back to the villa where you’ll have some time to relax and recharge before a taking part in a delectable olive oil tasting and bruschetta lesson, followed by aperitivo and dinner cooked alle brace (over coals).
DAY 3 ~ TUESDAY: Città della Pieve
- Highlights: Pasta lesson, walking tour Città della Pieve, sunset aperitivo, pizza night
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
This morning, after breakfast, you’ll enjoy some free time to explore the nearby vineyards and olive groves or walk the countryside lane before donning an apron for an oh-so-fun pasta making lesson with chef Lorenza. You’ll learn how to make a classic Tuscan pasta called pici, along with tips on how to pair pasta with just the right sauce. Lunch follows, featuring your hand-rolled pasta, of course.
In the afternoon it’s off to the medieval village of Città della Pieve for a fascinating walking tour that includes a look inside the town’s cathedral, a viewing of a Renaissance masterpiece and a chance to explore the town’s fabulous, winding avenues – including the narrowest alleyway in Italy. After some free time, it’s off to a private garden for sunset aperitivo, followed by a pizza dinner at our favorite, local pizzeria.
DAY 4 ~ WEDNESDAY: Siena
- Highlights: Guided tour in Siena, visit to Siena duomo and Piazza del Campo, shopping
- Breakfast, Dinner
This morning after breakfast, our drivers will be transporting you to the beautiful town of Siena, where you’ll meet up with our expert guide, Giulia, for an amazing tour of this historic city – including a visit inside the breathtaking duomo, a stop at the famous Piazza del Campo and an (optional) visit of the exceptional Museo Civico with its stunning frescoes. Afterwards, you’ll have free time to explore on your own, shop and grab lunch at one of the many inviting restaurants. Giulia will be sure to recommend local specialties!
In the afternoon, it’s back to the villa to relax and recharge before gathering together for a sunset aperitivo and delectable dinner.
DAY 5 ~ THURSDAY: Villa Trecci, Valiano
- Highlights: Herb walk, salty biscotti class, visit to Parco Villa Trecci, wine cantina tour, aperitivo in the vineyard
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast this morning, you’ll enjoy some leisure time before gathering together with chef Lorenza for a fascinating herb “walk”, where you’ll learn all about how Italians use herbs both for wellness and for cooking. Then it’s time to make Lorenza’s recipe for salty biscotti – the perfect biscuit to serve with aperitivo. Lunch follows, served up right here at the villa.
In the afternoon, our drivers will be taking you to gorgeous Parco Villa Trecci for a tour of the spectacular gardens, overlooking the hills of Tuscany. Afterwards, it’s off to our friends’ 13th century palazzo and wine cantina in the Tuscan countryside, where you’ll spend the rest of the afternoon and evening “in famiglia” as you visit the historic cantina and enjoy sunset aperitivo in the vineyard with its stunning views. Dinner follows, served up right here in the palazzo’s cozy dining hall.
DAY 6 ~ FRIDAY: San Casciano dei Bagni
- Highlights: Visit to archeological site, Fonteverde Spa, farewell aperitivo and dinner
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
This morning, after breakfast, it’s off to the charming village of San Casciano dei Bagni, famous since Etruscan times for its mineral-rich hot springs. Here you’ll enjoy a special, private tour of an archeological site, with recently discovered Rome temple – so fascinating! – followed by lunch at our friend, Daniela’s, restaurant, nestled between the walls of the town’s castle.
Afterwards, it’s time for an afternoon of relaxation as you continue to world-renowned Fonteverde Spa. Here you’ll enjoy a soak in the spa’s various pools of hot, mineral-rich waters – that have been used in this area for thousands of years. Talk about luxurious! In late afternoon, it’s back to the villa for some free time, followed by a special aperitivo and farewell dinner.
DAY 7 ~ SATURDAY, JUNE 3: Departure
Early morning departure for Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 7 days/6 nights at Villa Poggio alle Trese, situated on the outskirts of the town of Chiusi
- All single occupancy rooms with no single supplement fee (note that some sleeping rooms share a bathroom – ideal when traveling with a friend!)
- Group transportation by private van service to/from Rome Fiumicino Airport on arrival and departure dates
- Private ground transportation to/from all locations included in the itinerary
- All breakfasts
- Most lunches
- All regionally inspired dinners with local wines
- Activities and experiences to remember for a lifetime
- Accompaniment by team Strada Toscana, along with exceptional local guides
- Entrance fees to all sites and museums
- Village walks and tours with local, private guides (our group only)
- Hands-on pasta-making lesson
- Wine tasting and dinner in a 13th century winery
- Shopping at unique, local stores
- Olive oil tasting and bruschetta-making lesson
- Visit to one of Italy’s top thermal spas
- Private tour of archeological site
- Salty biscotti-making class
- Sunset aperitivo in private garden
- Pizza night!
- Free time to explore and shop on your own
- Evening aperitivo hour for chatting, sharing and relaxing with your fellow travelers
Not included: Airfare, meals, alcoholic drinks, buses, trains or boat transportation outside of that which is specifically listed in the trip package, gratuities for villa staff and drivers
Accommodations are elegant Poggio alle Trese, a 17th century villa, nestled along the border of Tuscany and Umbria, near the town of Chiusi (Tuscany). The villa boasts two kitchens, several lounge areas, dining hall, breakfast hall, sleeping rooms decorated with family antiques, swimming pool, outdoor patios, barbecue “house”, gazebo, wisteria-covered aperitivo terrace and so much more.
DATES & DETAILS
- October 2-8, 2022 – SOLD OUT
- May 28 -June 3, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- Trip Price:
- $3,170 USD per person: Single occupancy with ensuite bathroom
- $2,970 USD per person: Single occupancy with shared bathroom (max 2 women guests per bathroom)
- $2,970 USD per person: Double occupancy with ensuite bathroom
- $500 deposit is required to book your space on this tour
- No single supplement fee
- Maximum 12 participants
- Terms and Conditions