Sicily Cultural Adventure
Sicily Cultural Adventure
With its stunning Greek temples, vibrant food and landscape baked golden by the sun, Italy’s southern-most region is a land of contrasts that ignite the soul.
From the baroque avenues of Palermo to the rugged slopes of Mt. Etna, you’ll be immersed in the irresistible spirt of timeless Sicily as you take in the seaside beauty of Taormina, walk the Valley of the Temples at sunset and explore the ancient history of Siracusa – all with an exceptional local guide, and native of Sicily, who knows this island inside and out.
Each day, as you travel from Palermo to Agrigento to Taormina, you’ll find just the right combination of village walks, private tours, seaside strolls and amazing meals that create an exceptional, up-close experience of bella Sicilia.
- Enjoy a luxurious stay in 4 and 5-star, boutique hotels in Palermo (1 night), Agrigento (1 night), Siracusa (2 nights) and Taormina (2 nights)
- In Palermo, explore a maze of Baroque avenues with your local guide, and dine on local cuisine that only Sicily can offer
- On the outskirts of Agrigento, gaze at the Valley of the Temples from your characteristic accommodations, then walk amongst those same Greek temples at sunset – spectacular!
- Explore irresistible seaside villages, kissed by the azure sea, and climb the mesmerizing Scali dei Turchi
- Enjoy a picturesque, coastal boat ride from the white-washed town of Siracusa
- Explore the Roman theater of Taormina and shop its inviting, meandering avenues
- And that’s just the beginning…
- 7 days/6 nights at hand-selected, 4-5 star accommodations
- Private group transportation to Catania Airport on departure day
- Private ground transportation for all transfers and trip excursions
- All breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 5 Dinners with regional wines
- Tour of the Valley of the Temples
- Private, coastal boat tour
- Tour of pistachio farm and tasting
- Visits to historic ruins
- Free time for shopping and exploring
- Invigorating, guided walks
- Accompaniment throughout the itinerary by our own private, local guide
- Exclusive visits, tours and experiences
Not included: Airfare, meals, alcoholic drinks, buses, trains or boat transportation outside of that which is specifically listed in the trip package, gratuities for hotel staff, drivers and guide
The Unexpected is Part of the Journey: At Strada Toscana we weave amazing, authentic experiences into every trip, but sometimes unexpected things come up. If a site has an unscheduled closing, we improvise to include something equally as wonderful and interesting. The quality of the trip is never at risk, as our team is committed to excellence, along with our vast, local, Italian connections.
EXCEPTIONAL 4-Star and 5-Star Accommodations
GRAND HOTEL PIAZZA BORSA: We begin our adventure with a luxurious night’s stay at the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa in the historic center of Palermo. Here you’ll explore the Baroque avenues and dine on some of Sicily’s finest cuisine. The hotel is also a convenient reach from the Palermo Airport.
HOTEL BAGLIO DELLA LUNA: Our next night brings us to Agrigento and Hotel Baglio della Luna, complete with its 13th century guard tower, and one of few accommodations with a view of the Valley of the Temples. From here we’ll explore a seaside village dine on regional specialties and enjoy sunset aperitivo overlooking the magnificent Greek temples.
BOUTIQUE HOTEL CAPORTIGIA: The next two nights bring us to 5-star Caportigia, a small gem, situated in historic structure that overlooks the Siracusa forum, in the very heart of Siracusa. From here, we’ll walk to ancient sites and enjoy stunning views of the sea – all just steps away.
LA PLAGE RESORT: Our final two nights bring us to 5-star La Plage Resort in Taormina, situated on the Isola Bella Nature Reserve. From this spectacular, seaside property, with its shady gardens and private beach, we’ll explore and shop the avenues of charming Taormina, and enjoy sunset aperitivo on the beach.
ALWAYS SMALL GROUP
Our groups are always small, with a maximum of 15 guests, which means you get true quality time with our local guides and experts, who treat you like one of their family, plus insider access to sites and speciality experiences.
- LENGTH: 7 Days/6 Nights
- START: Afternoon in lobby of Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa
- END: Noon transfer to Catania Airport
- WALKING: Walking is an integral part of our tours. On this trip you can expect to walk on uneven cobblestones, up steep hillsides, and on steps, steps and more steps. This is not normal street walking! We advise that you do not book this tour if you have a physical or health-related condition, including dependence on a cane, walker or wheelchair, that impedes your ability to walk freely and safely.
- LUGGAGE: You must also be prepared to handle your own luggage – including up stairs in hotels, since some do not have elevators. We advise packing light and traveling with one wheeled bag that you can handle without assistance, plus a handbag or backpack. No oversized luggage can be allowed.
TOUR DATES AND PRICES
- Dates: October 8-14, 2023
- Trip Price
- Double Occupancy. $4,195 USD
- Single Occupancy. $4,195 + $850 Single Supplement
- A $500 deposit is required to secure your space on this tour
- View our Terms and Cancellation Policy