Tuscany Women's Trip - April 24-30, 2022
Exploring and experiencing Italy with a like-minded group of women, who have a spirit of adventure, just like you. From hands-on cooking lessons to scenic walks to visits with locals, get ready for an in-depth cultural experience that includes excursions to medieval hill towns, tours of spectacular historic sites, artisan demonstrations, private food and wine tastings and so much more.
OUR WOMEN’S TRIPS are Legendary
Because we’ve been conducting them for years, so we’ve learned just the right balance of exploring, learning, cooking, experiencing and shopping that makes a women’s trip truly extraordinary. From a private visit to an organic beauty-products shop (Francesca actually closes her doors, just for us) to a delectable wine tasting & lunch (hosted by sommelier, Paola) to a sumptuous visit to a thermal spa (the heated, mineral-rich pools are to die for!), each experience is hand-selected and truly something special.
GET READY to Experience Real Italy
We’ve created this trip to be rich in experiences that are not only authentic, but also ideal for women who enjoy travel, fun activities, in-depth experiences, good food & wine and fellowship with like-minded travelers.
Each day, on this fabulously active itinerary, you can also expect to walk. Our walks range from easy/leisure to moderate, and you’ll encounter hard cobblestones, uneven pavement, steps and steep hills. We do caution that this trip is not the right fit for those who have difficulty walking or have a health-related condition that would limit participation and/or impede or inconvenience the rest of the group.
AT A GLANCE
Up-close, Super Fun and oh-so Authentic
Upon your arrival, our private drivers will provide group pick-up at Rome Fiumicino Airport and transportation to the stunning Italian countryside and your chic accommodations in the picturesque village of San Casciano dei Bagni. After a warm welcome by your host, Daniela, and some time to get settled, you’ll enjoy a walking tour of the village followed by aperitivo and a delectable dinner prepared in the elegant dining hall, nestled beneath the walls of the town’s imposing castle.
Over the next amazing days you can look forward to…
- Excursions to medieval hill towns like Montepulciano, Città della Pieve, Monteleone, Chiusi and more…always with our private drivers and only with our own small group
- Private, insider walking tours of historic town centers with exceptional local guides who know the best local places to stop for a caffè or take in a stunning view
- Hands-on pasta-making and baking lessons, where you’ll learn regional specialties and authentic, traditional dishes that you can later make at home
- Wine tastings with our own hospitality director, Paola – a sommelier, with a fun, fresh approach to tasting wines
- Shopping at unique, local stores, like Francesca’s organic beauty products, Mario’s gastronomic specialties (think truffle cheese and Sicilian olives), Mimi and Coco’s hand-woven garments (their capes are stunning) and soooo much more.
- Olive oil tasting and bruschetta-making lesson
- Saffron tasting (a local specialty) in our friend, Alessandro’s centuries-old cantina – such a treat!
- Hand-stamped paper lesson with our talented friend, Gaetano – an ancient Italian craft that’s easy to learn
- Tour of an Etruscan tomb site and nearby museum that houses jaw-dropping treasures from the tombs
- Visits to one of Italy’s top thermal spas, Fonteverde, with its mineral rich, naturally heated pools that take the idea of relaxation up to the next level. Sit back and soak for a couple of hours, or indulge in a luxury massage.
Please note that a detailed trip itinerary will be made available 30 days prior to the tour start date.
WHAT’S INCLUDED (really, just about everything)…
- 7 days/6 nights at chic Sette Querce Boutique Hotel, situated on the outskirts of the adorable medieval village of San Casciano dei Bagni
- All single occupancy rooms with no single supplement fee
- Group transportation by private van service to/from Rome Fiumicino Airport on arrival and departure dates
- Daily, private ground transportation to/from all medieval hill towns, sites and locations included in the itinerary
- All breakfasts, featuring fresh-baked Tuscan pastries, organic sheep milk yogurt, local cheeses, seasonal fruits, organic cereals and fresh eggs, plus juices, herbal teas and Italian coffee
- All lunches
- All regionally inspired dinners with local wines
- Activities and experiences to remember for a lifetime
- Accompaniment by team Strada Toscana, along with exceptional local guides
- Entrance fees to all sites and museums
- Walks and tours with local, private guides (our group only)
- Wine tastings
- Olive oil tasting
- Bruschetta making lesson
- Saffron tasting
- Entrance to thermal spa and use of heated mineral pools
- Evening aperitivo hour for chatting, sharing and relaxing
Not included: Airfare, meals, alcoholic drinks, buses, trains or boat transportation outside of that which is specifically listed in the trip package, gratuities for villa staff and drivers
Your accommodations are chic, boutique Hotel Sette Querce, nestled on the outskirts of the adorable medieval hill town of San Casciano dei Bagni, with its breathtaking views across Tuscany.
DATES & DETAILS
- April 24-30, 2022
- Trip Price: $2,700 USD per person
- $500 deposit is required to book your space on this tour
- All sleeping rooms are single occupancy with private bathrooms
- No single supplement fee
- Maximum 8 participants
- No hidden fees
- Please see our FAQ page regarding Covid-19
- Note: Should travel restrictions be issued by either the U.S. or Italian government due to the Covid-19 pandemic, any trip monies collected by us will be refunded in full, including your deposit. Otherwise, should you wish to cancel your participation in the trip, for any reason, our cancellation policy will apply.