Click or swipe to view the slideshow below!
Honest Art with Jodie King ~ Tuscany, Italy
HONEST ART WITH JODIE KING ~ SOLD OUT!
JUNE 19-24, 2022
Come join Jodie in spectacular Tuscany for an in-depth, joy-filled workshop that will help you embrace freedom in both art and life! From your private villa accommodations – surrounded by vineyards and olive groves – prepare to be immersed in a once-in-a-lifetime art experience while enjoying delectable meals (made with love by your Tuscan chef), friendly evening aperitivo and 24/7 art studio access – where you’ll receive personalized art instruction with Jodie.
THIS WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO All Levels…
If you are a beginner, you will be given the opportunity to learn composition, color mixing, mark making and more in a welcoming environment. If you are an advanced artist, Jodie will help you create your most honest work through understanding the personal energy you bring to your art, embracing your personal mark making and how you choose the color combinations in a more intuitive way. Either way, this workshop will help you and your art advance to a new level in a judgement-free, joy-filled zone.
Jodie will cover composition, color, value, and mark making, but the real juice comes from her teachings about the creative process and how to embrace our own intuition as an artist. Priceless! Through daily demonstrations, meditation and journaling, you will leave with a better understanding of embracing freedom in art – and in life.
Jodie King’s workshops are best known for being honest and fun as well as practical and informative. She openly shares her personal painting techniques and creative process, yet her relaxed teaching style helps you let go of your fears and inhibitions in order to create raw, free, and honest work.
MORE ABOUT Jodie King
Jodie King is an artist, instructor and speaker living in Austin, Texas. As a professional artist for the last 16 years, she paints primarily in abstract expressionism using paint and other media to convey outwardly her own experience of mind, body and spirit. At the heart of her work is a call to all of us to live unapologetically in our own truth. She hosts highly-sought-after workshops at her studio in Austin and across the U.S. .and her expressive art has been collected extensively. Now Jodie is bringing her expressive approach to art – and her joyous spirit – to teach a workshop in Tuscany!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN…
- How to loosen up as you create
- How to truly have FUN with the process
- How to create your most honest art
- The 6 stages of the creative process
- How to push past the dreaded #3 and #4 in the 6 stages!
- The magic of color mixing and values (y’all….this has been said to be worth the price of admission alone!)
- Composition tips that will seriously take your art to the next level
- What to do when you’re stuck
- The 4 elements that all great paintings possess (you’re gonna be surprised about #1), and how to incorporate them into your art
- How to embrace your personal mark making
- How to understand the personal energy you bring to your art
- Jodie’s personal painting techniques and process (this is gold y’all!)
- How to choose your color combinations in a more intuitive way
- How to use meditation and journaling to enhance your art
- How to let go of fears and inhibitions as you create
- How to embrace our own intuition as an artist
- Jodie’s secrets to advancing your art to the next level
Day 1 ~ Sunday, June 19: Arrival
- Welcome to Villa Poggio alla Trese, trip orientation with Jodie
- Aperitivo, dinner
Benvenuti in Italia! Upon arrival at Rome Fiumicino Airport, enjoy the ride through the hills of Tuscany to Poggio alla Trese, your 17th century villa accommodations. After check-in, you’ll have the opportunity to explore your surroundings and learn some of the fascinating history of the both the house and the area, then you’ll head to the art studio for a trip and workshop orientation session with Jodie.
The it’s time for a friendly aperitivo, followed by a delicious, regional-style dinner, prepared by Chef Lorenza and served with local wine.
Day 2 ~ Monday, June 20: Città della Pieve
- Instruction with Jodie, walking tour Città della Pieve (Renaissance masterpieces, saffron and more!), pizza night!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
This morning, after an abundant breakfast at the villa, featuring organic yogurt, pasties, fruits, marmalades and cornetti, along coffee and teas, it’s off to join Jodie in the art studio for a full morning lesson. When it’s time for a break, help yourself to the self-serve break station, where you’ll always find biscotti from the local pasticceria. 🙂
Lunch is served up here at villa, followed by free time to relax or work in the studio. Then it’s off to nearby Città delle Pieve, one of the area’s most beautifully preserved, medieval hill towns, where you’ll discover stunning Renaissance masterpieces by Piero Vannucci, commonly known as Perugino – a teacher of Raffaello. After a walk along the fabulous, winding avenues, you’ll make a stop at our friend, Alessandro’s, saffron shop, where you’ll learn amazing history of saffron in the area (including how it was used by painters), and be able to sample an assortment of goodies made with local, organic saffron.
Next you’ll have time on your own to explore and shop, before heading to a private home for sunset aperitivo. Afterwards you’ll enjoy wood-fired pizza at an exceptional local pizzeria.
Day 3 ~ Tuesday, June 21: Puscina Flowers
- Instruction with Jodie, Puscina Flowers, tour of gardens, natural-style floral composition demo
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
This morning after breakfast – and perhaps a walk along the vineyards, it’s time to join Jodie in the art studio for a full morning lesson. After a mid-morning break, you’ll continue your session up until lunch – served right here at the villa.
In the afternoon, our drivers will be transporting you to lovely Puscina Flowers farm – in the heart of Tuscany’s wine country. Here you’ll enjoy a delightful tour of the gardens that feature more than 500 varieties of flowers, followed by a delightful lesson and demo of arranging flowers in a natural and effortless way. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a sunset aperitivo and dinner, served up under the ancient olive tree.
Day 4 ~ Wednesday, June 22: Villa Poggio alle Trese
- Instruction with Jodie, olive grove walk, olive oil tasting, bruschetta lesson
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
This morning after another abundant breakfast, featuring a fabulous array of organic goodies, it’s off to the studio with Jodie for full morning of creativity, instruction and a whole lot of joy! For lunch, enjoy a delicious variety of Tuscany specialties, followed by an inspiring afternoon session with Jodie.
In late afternoon, it’s off for a walk in the nearby olive grove where you’ll learn about the local varieties of olive trees, planted exclusively for the exceptional olive oil they produce. Afterwards, it’s time to gather together in the “bruschetteria” for a fireside bruschetta-making lesson and olive oil tasting, along with aperitivo. Then you’re in for a treat as Alessandro cooks your dinner alle brace (over wood coals).
Day 5 ~ Thursday, June 23: San Casciano dei Bagni
- Fonteverde thermal baths, archeological site, instruction with Jodie
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
This morning, after breakfast, it’s off to the charming village of San Casciano dei Bagni, situated on a hilltop teaming with hot springs. Here you’ll enjoy a special, private tour of an archeological site, with recently discovered Rome temple – so fascinating! – followed by lunch at our friend, Daniela’s restaurant, nestled between the walls of the town’s castle.
Afterwards, it’s time for an afternoon of relaxation as you continue to world-renowned Fonteverde Spa. Here you’ll enjoy a soak in the spa’s various pools of hot, mineral-rich waters – that have been used in this area for thousands of years. Talk about luxurious! In late afternoon, you’ll travel back to the villa for a final wrap-up session with Jodie, followed by a special aperitivo and farewell dinner.
Day 6 ~ Friday, June 24: Departure
This morning our drivers will be transporting you to Rome Fiumicino Airport.
Your accommodations are beautiful Poggio alle Trese, a 17th century villa, nestled along the border of Tuscany and Umbria, near the town of Chiusi (Tuscany). The villa boasts a number living rooms, sweeping terraces for dining or lounging, swimming pool, elegant breakfast room and grand dining hall. Sleeping rooms, furnished with family antiques, offer either an ensuite bathroom or shared bathroom (max 2 guests of the same gender per bathroom). Rooms options are made available upon booking. View photos of Villa Poggio alle Trese here.
- Daily, individualized instruction with Jodie King
- 5 days/5 nights at elegant Villa Poggio alla Trese, situated in the picturesque countryside near the charming Tuscan hill town of Chiusi.
- Private van service pick-up on arrival and departure days (Rome Fiumicino Airport)
- Private van service to/from all towns and sites included in the itinerary
- All abundant breakfasts, featuring fresh-baked Tuscan pastries, organic sheep milk yogurt, local cheeses, seasonal fruits, organic cereal, & fresh eggs, plus Italian caffè, cappuccino and herbal teas.
- All lunches
- All regionally inspired dinners, featuring local wines
- Evening aperitivo hours
- Tour and visit of Puscina Flowers organic flower farm
- Marbled paper demo and lesson
- Saffron tasting
- Village walking tours
- Pizza night
Not included: Airfare, meals, alcoholic drinks, buses, trains or boat transportation outside of that which is specifically listed in the trip package, gratuities for villa staff and drivers
The Unexpected is Part of the Journey: Although we are weaving amazing, authentic experiences into this trip, sometimes unexpected things come up. If a site has an unscheduled closing, we improvise to include something equally as wonderful and interesting. The quality of the trip is never at risk, as our hosts at Strada Toscana are committed to excellence, along with their vast Italian connections.
HONEST ART WITH JODIE KING
- 5 Nights
- June 19-24, 2022
- A $500 deposit is required to book your space on this trip.
- Trip Price (choose your room configuration upon booking)
- 1 SPACE! $4,660 USD per person – single occupancy room with shared bathroom (max 2 of the same gender per bathroom)
- SOLD OUT. $4,760 USD per person – single occupancy room with ensuite bathroom