Click or swipe to view the slideshow below!
Honest Art with Jodie King ~ Tuscany, Italy
HONEST ART IN TUSCANY with Jodie King
JUNE 11-16, 2023
Join Jodie in spectacular Tuscany for an in-depth, joy-filled workshop that will help you embrace freedom in both art and life! Prepare to be immersed in a once-in-a-lifetime art experience while enjoying delectable meals, friendly evening aperitivo and personalized art instruction with Jodie.
THIS WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO All Levels…
If you are a beginner, you’ll be given the opportunity to learn composition, color mixing, mark making and more in a welcoming environment. If you are an advanced artist, Jodie will help you create your most honest work through understanding the personal energy you bring to your art, embracing your personal mark making and how you choose the color combinations in a more intuitive way. Either way, this workshop will help you and your art advance to a new level in a judgement-free, joy-filled zone.
Jodie will cover composition, color, value, and mark making, but the real juice comes from her teachings about the creative process and how to embrace our own intuition as an artist. Priceless! Through daily demonstrations, meditation and journaling, you will leave with a better understanding of embracing freedom in art – and in life.
Jodie King’s workshops are best known for being honest and fun as well as practical and informative. She openly shares her personal painting techniques and creative process, yet her relaxed teaching style helps you let go of your fears and inhibitions in order to create raw, free, and honest work.
MORE ABOUT Jodie King
Jodie King is an artist, instructor and speaker living in Austin, Texas. As a professional artist for the last 16 years, she paints primarily in abstract expressionism using paint and other media to convey outwardly her own experience of mind, body and spirit. At the heart of her work is a call to all of us to live unapologetically in our own truth. She hosts highly-sought-after workshops at her studio in Austin and across the U.S. .and her expressive art has been collected extensively. Now Jodie is bringing her expressive approach to art – and her joyous spirit – to teach a workshop in Tuscany!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN…
- How to loosen up as you create
- How to truly have FUN with the process
- How to create your most honest art
- The 6 stages of the creative process
- How to push past the dreaded #3 and #4 in the 6 stages!
- The magic of color mixing and values (y’all….this has been said to be worth the price of admission alone!)
- Composition tips that will seriously take your art to the next level
- What to do when you’re stuck
- The 4 elements that all great paintings possess (you’re gonna be surprised about #1), and how to incorporate them into your art
- How to embrace your personal mark making
- How to understand the personal energy you bring to your art
- Jodie’s personal painting techniques and process (this is gold y’all!)
- How to choose your color combinations in a more intuitive way
- How to use meditation and journaling to enhance your art
- How to let go of fears and inhibitions as you create
- How to embrace our own intuition as an artist
- Jodie’s secrets to advancing your art to the next level
Day 1 ~ Sunday, June 11: Arrival
- Welcome and trip orientation with Jodie
- Aperitivo, dinner
Upon your arrival at Rome Fiumicino Airport, our private drivers will transport you to the Italian countryside, and your boutique hotel accommodations in the unspoiled village of Città della Pieve. After check in, you’ll enjoy a walking tour of the historic center of the village, with trip facilitator, Pamela Haack. Then it’s off to the art studio for a workshop orientation with Jodie.
Afterwards we gather together for a friendly aperitivo, followed by a delicious, regional-style dinner, prepared by Chef Vito.
Day 2 ~ Tuesday, June 12: Puscina Flowers
- Instruction with Jodie, visit to Puscina Flowers
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
This morning, after breakfast, it’s time to join Jodie in the art studio for a full morning lesson. After a mid-morning break, you’ll continue your session up until lunch – served at nearby Mon Cafe.
In the afternoon, our private driver will transport you to Puscina Flowers farm – an organic flower farm in the heart of Tuscany’s wine country. Here you’ll enjoy a delightful tour of the gardens that feature more than 500 varieties of flowers, followed by a floral composition lesson with our friend, Teresa, on how to arrange flowers in a simple, natural way. So fun! Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a sunset aperitivo and dinner right here on the farm, served up under the ancient olive tree.
Day 3 ~ Tuesday, June 13: Studio Time, Renaissance Walk
- Instruction with Jodie, Renaissance walking tour, pizza night
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
This morning, after an abundant breakfast, it’s off to the studio with Jodie for a full morning lesson, as you immerse yourself in the joy and inspiration of this incredible, individualized workshop. After lunch at nearby Mon Cafe, you’ll enjoy some free time to relax or work in the studio.
In the afternoon, we’ll take a fascinating walking tour in the village where you’ll discover stunning Renaissance masterpieces by Piero Vannucci, commonly known as Perugino (a teacher of Raffaello), plus a jaunt down the narrowest street in Italy. Then it’s off to a private home for sunset aperitivo, followed by wood-fired pizza at our friends’ pizzeria.
Day 4 ~ Wednesday, June 14: Studio Time and Saffron
- Instruction with Jodie, saffron tasting and painting
- Breakfast, lunch
This morning, after a leisurely breakfast, it’s off to the studio with Jodie for full morning of creativity, instruction and a whole lot of joy, as you paint, learn and experience – with Jodie’s expert guidance. After lunch at nearby Mon Cafe, you’ll have free time to continue in the studio, or to take a break to recharge.
In the afternoon, you’ll continue painting in the studio with Jodie. Then we meet up with our friend, Alessandro, for a delicious saffron tasting and aperitivo, that includes an oh-so-fun painting session with saffron. This evening you’re free for dinner on your own.
Day 5 ~ Thursday, June 15: San Casciano dei Bagni
- Archeological site, thermal spring visit, instruction with Jodie
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
This morning, after breakfast, it’s off to the charming village of San Casciano dei Bagni, situated on a hilltop teaming with hot springs. Here you’ll enjoy a private tour of an astonishing Etruscan and Roman archeological site, Followed by lunch at our friend, Daniela’s restaurant, nestled between the walls of the town’s castle.
In the afternoon it’s back to the studio for a final, wrap-up session with Jodie, followed by a celebratory aperitivo and farewell dinner.
Day 6 ~ Friday, June 16: Departure
Early morning transport to Rome Fiumicino Airport.
ACCOMMODATIONS ~ Boutique Hotel Vannucci
Hotel Vannucci began as a project of Vittoria Spinola, daughter of King Vittorio Emanuele II, who fled Pisa (and an arranged marriage with her elderly husband) to start a new life with her lover in Città della Pieve. Here, she and her soon-to-be new husband, Paolo, built two villas that became luxurious holiday accommodations for wealthy Romans vacationing in the countryside. In 1903 one of the villas became Hotel Vannucci, and today it maintains the elegance and refinement of its inception, with luxurious sleeping rooms, marble bathrooms and inviting gardens. A stay here is truly special, nestled just outside the medieval walls of the historic, and unspoiled, village of Città della Pieve.
- Daily, individualized instruction with Jodie King
- 6 days/5 nights at elegant Hotel Vannucci
- Private van service pick-up on arrival and departure days (Rome Fiumicino Airport)
- Private van service to/from all towns and sites included in the itinerary
- All breakfasts
- All lunches
- 4 regionally inspired dinners, featuring local wines
- Evening aperitivo
- Visit to organic flower farm
- Visit to archeological site
- Saffron tasting and painting
- Village walking tours
- Pizza night!
Not included: Airfare, meals, alcoholic drinks, or transportation outside of that which is specifically listed in the trip package, gratuities for staff and drivers
The Unexpected is Part of the Journey: Although we are weaving amazing, authentic experiences into this trip, sometimes unexpected things come up. If a site has an unscheduled closing, we improvise to include something equally as wonderful and interesting. The quality of the trip is never at risk, as our hosts at Strada Toscana are committed to excellence, along with their vast Italian connections.
HONEST ART WITH JODIE KING
- 5 Nights
- June 11-16, 2023
- Trip Price (choose your room configuration upon booking)
- $5,190 USD per person – Single Occupancy Superior Room (double bed, tub with shower)
- $5,290 USD per person – Single Occupancy Deluxe Room (double bed, more space, tub with shower)
- $4,790 USD per person – Double Occupancy Superior Room (double or twin beds, tub with shower)
- A $500 deposit is required to book your space on this trip
- View our Terms and Cancellation Policy