New Year's Eve in Piedmont: A Winter Tour
New Year’s Eve in Piedmont: A Winter Tour
Join us as we ring in the new year in style, in one of Italy’s most spectacular regions!
From rolling hills patterned with vineyards to deep valleys and snow-covered alps, Piemonte (which means “the foot of the mountains”) is renowned for its slow-food cuisine, exceptional wines and stunning scenery – and it’s the ideal region to explore and enjoy in the winter season.
At the heart of Piemonte is Torino – the first capital of united Italy – with its stunning architecture, world-class museums, grand piazzas, gourmet restaurants and ornately decorated coffee shops. During the holidays, the city’s old-fashioned atmosphere beckons with the scents of roasted chestnuts and artisan hot chocolate, while local producers share samples of a dizzying variety of cheeses – an irresistible specialty of the region.
With chic cobbled avenues, lined with Baroque palaces and castles, Torino is so elegant it’s been nicknamed Italy’s “little Paris.” The Savoia family, the last monarchy to rule Italy before it became a republic, resided in Torino for centuries, and this is the base for our special celebration of the New Year!
Slow Food and Gourmet Meals
From the iconic agnolotti del plin, a meat-stuffed ravioli rolled so fine it almost becomes transparent, to fine chocolates, like gianduiotti and cremini, the region of Piemonte is world-famous for its exceptional foods. Dishes like hand-rolled egg pasta served with butter and white truffle should not be missed, along with risotto al castelmagno – a creamy, flavorful cheese produced in protected mountain pastures.
Throughout your trip you’ll savor meals based on carefully crafted menus, including a special New Year’s Eve dinner at Michelin star Ristorante Il Carignano – an extraordinary experience in Piedmont cuisine and hospitality that you’ll remember for a lifetime!
Piemonte… a Region of Beauty and Diversity
Just a short drive from the capital of Torino, with majestic, snow-capped Alps in the distance, is Langhe – a hilly area to the south and east of the river Tanaro in the Piemonte provinces of Cuneo and Asti. Langhe is famous for its wines, cheeses, and truffles – particularly the white truffles of Alba. Here you’ll find soft, rolling hills dotted with picturesque villages and patterned with meticulously maintained vineyards, and it’s here that you’ll taste some of the best wines in the world, along with enjoying a rustic dinner at a family-owned cantina.
In the other direction, just north and west of Torino, lies the stunning Sacra di San Michele, an abbey dating to the 9th century that is often referred to as the symbolic monument of Piedmont. A visit here is both fascinating and awe-inspiring, and in our opinion a must.
- 7 days/6 nights in a Deluxe Room at luxurious, 5-star Grand Hotel Sitea, Torino (Turin)
- Private ground transportation for all trip excursions
- Private group transportation to Torino Airport on departure day
- All full-buffet breakfasts with made-to-order cappuccino or caffè
- 2 Lunches with local wines
- 1 Cheese-tasting lunch
- 4 Dinners with regional specialities and sommelier-selected wines
- New Year’s Eve aperitivo, dinner and celebration at a Michelin star restaurant
- Walking tour of Torino centro storico with local guide
- Tour of Palazzo Reale (Shroud of Turin)
- Hands-on Torino cooking experience
- Artisan chocolate tasting
- Excursion to Langhe – an area of Piedmont famous for its vineyards (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Visit to Barolo
- Wine tasting
- Museum pass for on-your-own visits (including the excellent Egyptian Museum, Fiat Car Museum, Palazzo Madama, Cinema Museum and more…)
- Free time for shopping and exploring on your own
- Optional guided walks
- Accompaniment throughout the itinerary
- Exclusive visits, tours and experiencess
Not included: Airfare, meals, alcoholic drinks, buses, trains or boat transportation outside of that which is specifically listed in the trip package, gratuities for hotel staff, drivers and guide
The Unexpected is Part of the Journey: At Strada Toscana we weave amazing, authentic experiences into every trip, but sometimes unexpected things come up. If a site has an unscheduled closing, we improvise to include something equally as wonderful and interesting. The quality of the trip is never at risk, as our team is committed to excellence, along with our vast, local, Italian connections.
EXCEPTIONAL 5-Star Accommodations ☆☆☆☆☆
GRAND HOTEL SITEA: Our New Year’s Eve in Piedmont: A Winter Tour is based at 5-star Grand Hotel Sitea, located in the heart of Torino’s Baroque, historic city center. A former palazzo, our elegant accommodations are an ideal location from which to explore the city’s inviting avenues lined with ornate facades, artisan shops and 18th century cafes.
DOWNLOAD THE ITINERARY
- LENGTH: 7 Days/6 Nights
- START: Afternoon in lobby of Grand Hotel Sitea, Torino
- END: Noon transfer to Torino International Airport
- WALKING: Walking is an integral part of our tours. On this trip you can expect to walk on uneven cobblestones, up steep hillsides, and on steps, steps and more steps. This is not normal street walking! We advise that you do not book this tour if you have a physical or health-related condition, including dependence on a cane, walker or wheelchair, that impedes your ability to walk freely and safely.
TOUR DATES AND PRICES
- Dates: December 27, 2023 – January 2, 2024
- Trip Price
- Double Occupancy – $4,170 USD per person
- Single Occupancy – $4,170 + $800 Single Supplement ($4,970 USD)
- A $1,000 deposit is required to secure your space on this tour
- Trip Balance automatically charged to the credit card on file in 30 days
- View our Terms and Cancellation Policy