Exploring Italy's Treasures
WE’VE PULLED OUT all the Stops
We’ve created a one-of-a-kind trip experience for those who are looking for more than the average tour of Italy. On this unprecedented trip itinerary, you get insider access, like never before – to sites that are endlessly fascinating, stunningly beautiful and often unknown – even to locals!
BECOME Part of the Family
Get ready to become an honorary member of the local community, as our team is made up of local experts, guides and private residents. In fact, you’ll become a part of an extraordinary family, so to speak, intent on preserving and celebrating Italian culture, while shedding light on Italy’s hidden treasures, many of which are in danger of fading away into history.
Of course you’ll also enjoy unforgettable camaraderie, an energetic atmosphere and delectable meals – a hallmark of Strada Toscana tours.
BECOME an Insider
In this extraordinary itinerary, we’re bringing you our most in-depth, culturally rich tour to date. We’ve teamed up with local guides & artisans, private residents, plus our own local chapter of Italy’s National Trust, Fondo Ambiente Italiano (FAI), to bring you a truly exceptional trip experience.
What is FAI? It is a private, non-profit organization with a steadfast purpose to protect Italy’s culture, history and art treasures, which might otherwise be lost. Through Strada Toscana’s special partnership with the organization, we are able to offer you exclusive access to incredible historic sites, hidden treasures, and artistic masterpieces – most of which are not even known by the general public.
GET READY to Explore!
Each day you’ll be visiting castles, abbeys, churches, hamlets, ruins and parks, steeped in history. You’ll discover hidden treasures, rarely seen artistic masterpieces and historic sites that are only accessible with the assistance of local residents, friends and our partner members at FAI.
This also means that you can expect to be walking every single day, and there are times when we might be out and about exploring and touring sites for much of the day.
Walking ranges from easy/leisure to moderate. You can expect hard cobblestones, uneven pavement, steps and steep hills. We caution that this trip is not the right fit for those who have difficulty walking or have a health-related condition that would limit participation and/or impede or inconvenience the rest of the group.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect. (Wowza!)
- Private visits to historic churches, abbeys and sanctuaries with precious frescoes and hidden crypts
- Accompaniment by local guides and FAI representatives
- Exclusive access to historic sites
- Castles, castles, and castles! From crenellated towers to walled hamlets, get ready to walk the ramparts – literally
- Private, invitation-only lunches, aperitivi and wine tastings
- Guided visits to local museums that house little-known, micro-zone histories
- Foodie experiences, like making bruschetta
- Viewings of priceless masterpieces by artists, such as, Perugino, Raffaello and Signorelli
- Tastings of local wines and cheeses
- Evening aperitivo hour for reflecting and sharing
- Chef-prepared dinners
Get ready to be flexible! On the Exploring Italy’s Treasures Tour, our daily trip outings might be adjusted as we go along.
The Unexpected is Part of the Journey! At Strada Toscana we weave amazing, authentic experiences into every trip, but sometimes unexpected things come up. If a site has an unscheduled closing, we improvise to include something equally as wonderful and interesting. The quality of the trip is never at risk, as our team is committed to excellence, along with our vast, local, Italian connections.
- 7 days/6 nights at elegant Villa Poggio alla Trese, situated in the picturesque countryside near the charming Tuscan hill town of Chiusi
- Group transportation by private van service to/from Rome Fiumicino Airport on arrival and departure dates
- Daily, private ground transportation to/from all medieval hill towns, sites and locations included in the itinerary
- All breakfasts, featuring fresh-baked Tuscan pastries, organic sheep milk yogurt, local cheeses, seasonal fruits, organic cereals and fresh eggs, plus juices, herbal teas and Italian coffee
- All regionally inspired dinners with local wines
- All lunches
- Activities and experiences to remember for a lifetime
- Accompaniment by Pamela Haack, along with team Strada Toscana
- Entrance fees to all sites
- Guided tours
- Wine tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Evening aperitivo hour for chatting, sharing and relaxing
Not included: Airfare, meals, alcoholic drinks, buses, trains or boat transportation outside of that which is specifically listed in the trip package, gratuities for villa staff and drivers
Your accommodation are Poggio alle Trese, a 17th century villa, nestled along the border of Tuscany and Umbria, near the town of Chiusi (Tuscany). The villa boasts two kitchens, several lounge areas, dining hall, breakfast hall, sleeping rooms decorated with family antiques, swimming pool, outdoor patios, barbecue “house”, gazebo, wisteria-covered aperitivo terrace and so much more… View photos of Villa Poggio alle Trese here.
DATES & DETAILS
- May 22-28, 2022
- $2,800 USD per person, single occupancy with ensuite bath
- $2,650 USD per person, single occupancy with shared bath (max 2 persons of same gender per bath)
- $2650 USD per person, double occupancy with ensuite bathroom
- $500 deposit is required to book your space on this tour
- All sleeping rooms are private. Some sleeping rooms share a bathroom (max 2 of same gender per bathroom)
- Maximum 12 participants
- No added fees